Friday, November 18, 2005

Blogging to help pay for college?

This week I signed a contract to blog for www.computers.net. While I have only written two articles ("Choosing Your Next USB Flash Drive" and "How to Fight Phishing & Spoof Email Scams"), I am encouraged by the fact that a big jump in hits yesterday. This may just be a fluke or a spike, but I would love to think my articles had something to do with the jump in traffic. While few people really understand the exact details of Google's magic formula for page ranking, it is clear to me that popularity can grow quickly and exponentially. I would love to be able to pay for part of college through blogging. We'll have to see if the increased traffic (and revenue) can be sustained over time. For now I will sleep with visions of sugarplums and Google Ads dancing in my head.

No comments: